PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how Damansara Indah Sdn Bhd (hereinafter referred to as Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya) uses your Personal Data. For purposes of this Notice, “EHPJ” means Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. EHPJ shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the website of Eastin Hotel at http://www.eastin.com/ (“Website”). By continuing to communicate with EHPJ or by continuing to use EHPJ’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
Collection of Personal Data
1. “Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, passport number, vehicle number, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, credit cards or payment details, race, nationality, any information about you which you have provided to EHPJ related to your reservation, stay or visit (such as your date of arrival and departure, room preferences and purpose of stay), information relating to your purchase and receipt of products or services, reviews, suggestions and opinions about EHPJ’s property, customer surveys and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by EHPJ from time to time.
2. In addition to the Personal Data you provide to EHPJ directly, EHPJ may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation when you visit or stay at EHPJ, when you make a reservation to stay at EHPJ over the telephone, via the Website or otherwise, when you interact and communicate with EHPJ at events or otherwise or when using the Website.
3. EHPJ may also use closed circuit television (CCTV) and other security measures at its properties that may capture or record your image and information related to your location while you are in EHPJ via keycards and other technologies. EHPJ may also use other technologies that record sound or video to protect its guests, staff and property.
4. The provision of your Personal Data is mandatory when you make a reservation to stay at EHPJ and when you check into EHPJ. If you do not provide EHPJ your Personal Data, EHPJ will not be able to process your registration or reservation, and will therefore result in you being unable to make a booking or stay at the EHPJ.
5. The provision of your Personal Data voluntarily when you submit your reviews, suggestions or opinions or complete a customer survey related to EHPJ.
Purposes of Processing
6. EHPJ may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the business and activities of EHPJ which shall include, without limitation:-
(a) to process your registration or reservation to stay at EHPJ;
(b) to communicate with you regarding your reservation or stay at EHPJ;
(c) to provide you the goods and services you have requested;
(d) for purposes of billing and payments relating to your stay at EHPJ and for any goods and services you have purchased or requested;
(e) to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
(f) to provide you with a better and more personalized level of service;
(g) to provide for your safety and security as well as the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors;
(h) for EHPJ’s internal administrative purposes including auditing, accounting, data analysis and to improve our services;
(i) for EHPJ to comply with regulatory requirements and obligations under the law.
and you agree and consent to EHPJ using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.